Do you want to work for an industry leader in mobile air compressor technology?
Do you have specific skills in Engineering, Marketing, Trades, Accounting or Technical Sales experience in Industrial Equipment and wish to move to beautiful Vancouver Island, British Columbia?
If yes, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
VMAC Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Controller, the position is as follows:
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly and yearly financial internal and external reporting including preparing working papers and adjusting journal entries in a multi-currency environment
- Analyze financial information and provide support to department managers in understanding results
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of all financial transactions
- Monitor inventory valuation and control, and production costing
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Work with external auditors in preparing annual audited financial statements
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and cash management
- Ensure team’s SOPs are up to date and in compliance
- Ensure that internal controls are adhered to through periodic audits of transactions
- Assist other team members as required
- Act as a backup for other finance team functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Respectful and clear communication skills
- Proactive, highly organized and project completion driven
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Collaborative nature in working with all teams in the organization
- Accountable for the quality and timeliness of work
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Open-minded, positive and approachable
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CMA, CGA, CA)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a public accounting firm
- Related accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of basic and advanced financial accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with proficient Excel skills
- Experience working with and understanding an ERP system
If your experience and qualifications match these requirements, please forward your resume by October 16, 2016 to the HR Manager.
Mail: 1333 Kipp Road, Nanaimo, BC. V9X 1R3.