Do you want to work for an industry leader in mobile air compressor technology?
Do you have specific skills in Engineering, Marketing, Trades, Accounting or Technical Sales experience in Industrial Equipment and wish to move to beautiful Vancouver Island, British Columbia?
If yes, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
VMAC Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Electrical Engineer (or Electromechanical Engineer) reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for providing technical input to product design/development projects within the organization as well as coordinating projects. The position requires the candidate to be capable in the electrical design process from conceptualization, through testing, analysis and refinement, to implementation and commercialization as well as engaging in continuous improvement. The candidate must employ a working knowledge of 12V automotive/ICE electronics principles and manufacturing techniques to balance company cost with customer value. Responsibilities include:
- Act as a role model for the companies LEAN culture.
- Collaborate within the Engineering department and across all departments to achieve targets set by the management team to meet strategic goals of the company and realize business growth.
- Work directly with the sales and marketing department to ensure features of new and existing product lines are providing value to the customer.
- Act as technical liaison with internal and external customer and suppliers as required.
- Utilize project planning tools and organization methods to specify project milestones and estimate timelines to complete tasks.
- Monitor project progress and budget and communicate status to stakeholders throughout the duration of project.
- Be proficient in engineering principles and design techniques including traditional theory, manual calculation solutions and software solutions.
- Employ fundamental engineering principles and LEAN design techniques to develop and maintain core electronics and controls for all product families.
- Implement knowledge of manufacturing processes to bolster the robustness of products as well as efficiency and productivity within the facility.
- Ensure full engineering practices, compliance with recognized standards and testing procedures are adhered to.
- Employ thorough analysis methodology and strong analytical decision-making in all aspects of engineering activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor of Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering Degree from an accredited university of good standing or equivalent is required.
- Strong hands-on aptitude is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill in English is required.
- Demonstrated competence with low voltage (i.e. 12V) wiring, connector and harness design is required.
- Experience with applying and troubleshooting wiring and electronic controls is required.
- Experience with CAN bus or similar automotive communication protocol is preferred.
- A high-energy work ethic, high independent initiative as well as a positive, collaborative, team-oriented attitude is required.
- 2 – 5 years of relevant industry work experience is preferred. Other experience levels will be considered.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- C-based programming experience is preferred.
- Post-graduate technical degree is an asset.
- Project management training (such as PMI) is an asset.
- Lean manufacturing training or experience is an asset.
- Experience with air compressors, particularly rotary screw, is an asset.
- 3D modelling and drafting experience (e.g. Solidworks) is an asset.
- Experience with electronics hardware design, especially PIC microcontrollers, is an asset.
- Experience with electronics hardware design software (e.g. Eagle) is an asset.
If your experience and qualifications match these requirements, please forward your resume by January 27th, 2017 to the HR Manager.
Mail: 1333 Kipp Road, Nanaimo, BC. V9X 1R3.
Technical Support Representative
Are you passionate about customer support? Do you believe that the customer really does come first? Would you like to grow your career in Technical Support in a Lean organization, as well as expand your knowledge of mobile air compressors? If you can answer “Yes” to those questions you may be the person we need to join our high-performance team of professionals as a Technical Support Representative.
You’ll be providing in depth technical support for VMAC’s line of air compressors at VMAC’s lean manufacturing facility in Nanaimo, BC. Your key to excelling in this position will be bringing your practical automotive / mechanical expertise, your passion for helping our customers, your respect for your coworkers and your educational background to real-world challenges in meeting our customers’ needs. You’ll be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic, an ability to resolve problems based upon facts, and an overwhelming desire to improve the lives of our customers and your coworkers. Perfection isn’t always possible but having a strong desire to achieve it is an absolute necessity!
There will be a steep learning curve to bring the successful candidate up to our high technical and customer facing standards, but as your knowledge of our product increases you will assist others in the Technical Support Team by taking client technical service support calls, traveling to, and training our dealers and clients, completing “hands-on” in house repairs and services of air compressor systems and generally being a brand ambassador for VMAC.
The Technical Support Representative position reports to the Technical Support Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of combined experience, 1+ years of directly relevant experience within the automotive industry, preferably in a customer support role.
- Significant experience in automotive disciplines.
- Outstanding computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrable proven skills in handling stressful situations, effectively, respectfully and professionally in a Customer Service environment.
- Commitment to information accuracy and precision.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple customers in a deadline-driven environment.
- Desire to work in, and embrace, our lean culture.
- Excellent investigative and critical thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a “hands-on” part of a team.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada; initially a minimal amount of travel may be required, however the travel requirements will increase with experience.
- Consistently demonstrates respect for people.
- Embraces and supports a culture of continuous improvement.
- Focuses on root cause analysis and process improvement.
- Able to learn and employ Lean tools and methodologies.
- Committed to team success.
- Views problems as opportunities to improve.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate their technical ability of MS Office products and will be required to demonstrate practical automotive skills.
VMAC is committed to building a safe and happy future for all our employees and will give you the support you need to succeed. If you are passionate about producing an excellent product in a Lean organization and helping clients work through issues, then you may be the person we are looking for!
Please work hard on your cover letter to demonstrate your writing skills and to show us that you are the person who can make a difference to our company and clients!
If your experience and qualifications match these requirements, please forward your resume by January 21, 2017 to the HR Manager.
Mail: 1333 Kipp Road, Nanaimo, BC. V9X 1R3.